Shrunken Crisp Packet

Erm. How do I explain this? This was a thing we did in the 1980s. Possibly people might've done it before and since. I only ever did it once. With a pack of Hula Hoops and a pack of Monster Munch. I don't know what happened to the Monster Munch packet but it looked cooler than this one below.

Sorry about the quality of photo. It was quite small and in hindsight I would've chosen a better background than a light brown carpet!


Anyway, I think the idea was to make keyring fobs from crisp packets by sticking them in the oven. It might not work today because most packets now have some kind of foil for preserving the contents, so I guess the results might be different.

Suffice to say, I never made this in to a key ring. It has just sat in a drawer for many many years.

If you want to give it a go with your kids (supervised!) a quick google and you'll find some instructions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment