Random Christmas things

Tis the season and all that waffle.

To fit in with the yuletide festivities I've decided to post a picture of my earliest decorations. I bought all these with my pennies in the mid-1980s. I'm pretty sure they were all bought from Notcutts in Norwich. I know the badge was because it still has part of the price label attached (sadly not the bit that says how many pennies it cost.)


Pull the badge on chimney and Santa pops out. Genius. It hasn't been worn in anger for many many years (probably since the year it was bought!) and is used just as a tatty decoration nowadays.

The tree is adorned by a single sad looking bauble. the bauble dates back to at least the 1970s, possibly the 1960s. I think I decided the family tree had enough decorations and my little tree needed brightening up. I'm not sure there's tinsel small enough to go on this tree!

The boot. Well, the boot was bought a bit later, but still mid to late 80s.

At the same time as when I bought the tree I also bought a small sock/stocking decoration which has the words "Merry Christmas" on it. When I find the sock (lol) I'll add a picture to this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment