Battlestar Galactica books


As a kid I didn't actually have any Battlestar Gallactica toys or other stuff. At least, I don't think I did. I don't remember seeing any in the shops, but that's not to say there wasn't any. Let's face it; When you're up against Star Wars, there is only going to be one "space war" winner. 

Actually, I did have one Battlestar Gallactica annual - I used to get loads of these (including Star Wars, Star Trek, The Beano and its contemporaries...) for Christmas as they were great presents for Aunts and Uncles to buy. 

Still, I enjoyed the TV series. Yes, it helped having Face from the A-Team playing Starbuck being all funny and cool, especially as they kid with the robot teddy-dog (Muffett the Daggitt) was a bit annoying. Seriously, what kind of name is Boxey anyway? Starbuck sounded much cooler, although nowadays just sounds like product placement. 

Anyways, I digress. Many moons ago I started collecting books from second hand stores of all things sci-fi. To be honest, this hobby didn't last too long but during that time I picked up a BSG novel and another annual. So, here you go. My 3 Battlestar Gallactica books starting with the annual I got as a kid. 




Oh, I do also own the entire 1970s TV series on DVD too. FYI I enjoyed the first series of the revamp too, though they messed with the formula too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment