Gridiron figure

Erm, Steve Young. Never heard of him. The only Gridiron plater I've ever heard of is The Fridge, though I could not tell you his real name or who he played for. Okay, OJ Simpson and Dan Marino too, but I've only heard of them as they were in movies (and in OJ's case, the 9 O'clock news too.)

I did try watching Gridiron when it was pushed in the late 1980s, but I couldn't get in to it. The razzmatazz of the half-time shows didn't really get my attention and there didn't seem to be much content to the game beyond that. If I wanted to watch grown men wallop each other I'd watch Rugby (League or Union) as they do it without the Dynasty shoulder pads and with a lot more skill. I'm sure a few people here might enjoy it, but not me.

Anyway, back to the NGL Headliners figure, and we have this bloke called Steve Young playing for the red team wearing the number eight. This was given to me by a friend who I think must've got it from The States. Pretty sure it wasn't issued here in Blighty as catalogue has been spelt incorrectly. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's unopened though the blister packaging is a bit battered.


So, there you have it. Steve Young. Probably the 4th most famous Gridiron player in the world. Perhaps he needs a white goods nickname like The Tumble-Dryer as I'll never his real name!

No comments:

Post a Comment