Football History Map of England and Wales

This cost one whole pound when purchased in the late 1970s - the sticker is still on, whowing I bought it at Warwick Castle of all places. I have to say it is one of my favourite things ever.

Bartholomew's Historical Football Map of England and Wales showed the founding info of the 161 teams that had been in the Football League (at the time of publishing), and the location of all 92 league teams marked on the map by their kit.

Me and my brother both had one and they adorned our bedrooms wall for many years. It was the first thing I would put up in my room every time we moved house (quite a few times). The blue tack is still on the back - maybe I was worried about removing it or perhaps I had plans to put it back up. Who knows.




And the modern equivalent? Check out this collect & scratch travel map (see link below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment